What are PopFacts®?
Claritas PopFacts® Advanced provides demographic data based on the U.S. Census, American Community Survey (ACS), and other sources. There are several demographic characteristics included to help you know more about consumers. Pop-Facts®Advanced provides current year estimates and five-year projections. For this release, current year and five-year refers to 2021 estimates and 2026 projections, respectively. The data set also provides data for 2000 and 2010 census years for current year geographies.
When Should I use PopFacts®?
PopFacts® includes all populations, including those in institutional and non-institutional group quarters (e.g. college/university student housing, nursing homes, military quarters, juvenile facilities, correctional facilities, etc.).
When a user is looking for a target demographic of the population, they should use the Population section of the Insights Suite as group quarters are not included.
Some of the sources utilized by the demographic estimation program include the following:
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Powerlytics, Inc.
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Claritas Master Address File (MAF)
- TomTom® North America, Inc.
- U.S. Census Bureau -2000 and 2010 Decennial Census
- U.S. Census Bureau American Community Survey (ACS) 1-Year and 5-Year data
- U.S. Census Bureau -County Population Estimates
- U.S. Census Bureau -County Population Estimates by Age/Sex/Race and Ethnicity
- U.S. Census Bureau -County Population Estimates by Group Quarters
- U.S. Census Bureau -Current Population Survey (CPS)
- U.S. Postal Service
- Valassis™ Direct Mail, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Census Bureau Commuter Flow Data
- Claritas Business-Facts
- DirecTarget®enhanced consumer file